John Leon, Esq.
Mr. Leon is admitted to practice in all Florida state and federal trial and appellate courts, including:
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- The United States Tax Court
- Supreme Court of the State of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
Mr. Leon has worked on behalf of some of the largest, most prolific state and national law firms. Specifically, Mr. Leon has worked in the areas of medical malpractice defense, insurance defense, commercial litigation, employment law, regulatory, administrative law, governmental procurement, federal and legislative affairs, land use and zoning and general appellate work.
Mr. Leon’s civic accomplishments and involvement include:
- Proclamations, Miami-Dade County Commission/Mayor’s Office awarded for various initiatives and accomplishments.
- Named “Next Great Hispanic Attorney” by Hispanic American Magazine
- Named Miami “Key Player” by Level Magazine
- Awarded MS Leadership Award for Civic and Business Leadership
- Named “Lawyer of the Year” at the NYE Celebration and Gala
- Recipient of the “Excellence in Legal; Service Award by Marketing Industry”
- Florida Super Lawyers
- South Florida Legal Guide, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation “40 under 40 Most Outstanding Lawyers in Miami” Award
- Highlighted in several television/print media for civic accomplishments (i.e. Miami Herald, local ABC, NBC and CBS, Univision.)
- Host Committee. Miami City Ballet, Past Member Board of Directors
- Board of Directors, Miami Symphony Orchestra, Past Member
- Frost Council on Philanthropy, Philip Frost Art Museum, Past Chairman
- Guest Lecturer and Panelist at various Colleges, Universities and Law School(s) on topics ranging from political science and philosophy to legal ethics and civil practice
- Legal expert/commentator for various local news outlets on current events and legal issues of interest.
- Caribbean Organization for Policy Advancement, South Florida based think tank focused on political, social and economic issues affecting the Caribbean Basin, Past Chairman
- Crescendo Circle of the Florida Grand Opera, Past Member
- Camillus Leaders, Camillus House of Miami, Past Member
- Who’s Who Lawyers, 2018
- MS Leadership Medal Recipient for civic and business Leadership.