John Leon, Esq.
Considered among the top lawyers in the country by industry publications, Mr. Leon has been recognized by several national trade listings & has been ranked by his peers among the top 2% of all litigators in Florida. Mr. Leon has received numerous awards including being named Lawyer of the Year, Excellence in Legal Services Award, 40 under 40, listed in the Who’s Who Registry, named among the best lawyers in America as published in the USA Today, American Lawyer magazine & recognized as the “Next Great Hispanic Attorney”. John has served as a legal expert & television analyst on both English & Spanish language networks. Finally, Mr. Leon has lectured extensively as well as having appeared as a guest on legal panels covering a variety of topics. The Law Offices of John Leon’s extensive work & concentration in Healthcare & Corporate Crisis Management is among a select few law firms in Florida w/ such a concentration & his work against & on behalf of Fortune 500 companies is ample.
Mr. Leon has over two decades of experience and is admitted to practice in all Florida state and federal trial and appellate courts, including:
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- The United States Tax Court
- Supreme Court of the State of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
Mr. Leon has worked on behalf of some of the largest, most prolific state and national law firms. Specifically, Mr. Leon has worked in the areas of medical malpractice defense, insurance defense, commercial litigation, employment law, regulatory, administrative law, governmental procurement, federal and legislative affairs, land use and zoning and general appellate work.
Mr. Leon’s civic accomplishments and involvement include:
- Proclamations, Miami-Dade County Commission/Mayor’s Office awarded for various initiatives and accomplishments.
- Named “Next Great Hispanic Attorney” by Hispanic American Magazine
- Named Miami “Key Player” by Level Magazine
- Awarded MS Leadership Award for Civic and Business Leadership
- Named “Lawyer of the Year” at the NYE Celebration and Gala
- Recipient of the “Excellence in Legal; Service Award by Marketing Industry”
- Named to Florida Super Lawyers, 2010
- Recognized as among best lawyers in Florida: South Florida Legal Guide, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Named Top Law Firm: South Florida Legal Guide, 2021
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation “40 under 40 Most Outstanding Lawyers in Miami” Award
- Highlighted in several television/print media for civic accomplishments (i.e. Miami Herald, local ABC, NBC and CBS, Univision.)
- Host Committee. Miami City Ballet, Past Member Board of Directors
- Board of Directors, Miami Symphony Orchestra, Past Member
- Frost Council on Philanthropy, Philip Frost Art Museum, Past Chairman
- Guest Lecturer and Panelist at various Colleges, Universities and Law School(s) on topics ranging from political science and philosophy to legal ethics and civil practice
- Legal expert/commentator for various local news outlets on current events and legal issues of interest.
- Caribbean Organization for Policy Advancement, South Florida based think tank focused on political, social and economic issues affecting the Caribbean Basin, Past Chairman
- Crescendo Circle of the Florida Grand Opera, Past Member
- Camillus Leaders, Camillus House of Miami, Past Member
- Who’s Who Lawyers, 2018
- MS Leadership Medal Recipient for civic and business Leadership.
- Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement” by Marquis Who’s Who, 2018
- Named Top Lawyers in Florida. Highest in Ethical Standards & Professional Excellence, by The Legal Network, 2018
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2021, 2022
- Best of the Best Top 10; Law Firm named “Top 10 personal injury law firm”, 2021
- The American Association of Attorney Advocates “Top 10 Law Firm, 2022
- Named among by “Americas Top 50 Lawyers” in Civil Litigation Florida, 2022
- Attorney and Practice Magazine’s, “Top 10 Personal Injury Law Firm”, 2022
- Best of the Best Top 10; Personal Injury Lawyer 2022
- American Association of Attorney Advocates “Top Corporate Lawyer”